Area: Old Town
Type: Parks & Gardens
Rating:No ratings yet. Rate this!
Founded in 1885, Park Krakowski was built on grounds the city leased from the military and was modeled on the parks of Vienna.
The original layout had included a concert bowl, ice rink, bicycle track, a zoo, a summer theatre, restaurants and cafes and was a popular hang-out for the Krakowians, but after the First World War the majority of the park was stripped away to make way for a rapid growth in real estate. Today, only the pond remains.
However, it continues to be a popular hang-out with locals as the 12.5 acres of park space offers a number of recreational opportunities and since 1974 Park Krakowski has been home to the abstract outdoor sculptures of numerous Polish artists.
There are no reviews.